Article 22.2 of Law 34/2002, of July 11, 2002, on information society services and electronic commerce (LSSI) states that:
– Service providers may use data storage and retrieval devices on terminal equipment of recipients, provided that the recipients have given their consent after having been provided with clear and complete information on their use, in particular, on the purposes of the data processing, in accordance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the Protection of Personal Data.
– Where technically possible and effective, the consent of the recipient to accept the processing of the data may be provided through the use of appropriate browser settings or other applications, provided that the recipient must proceed with their configuration during their installation or update through an express action to that effect.
– The foregoing shall not prevent the possible storage or access of a technical nature for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network or, to the extent strictly necessary, for the provision of an information society service expressly requested by the recipient.
What are Cookies and what are they used for?
Cookies are a set of data that a server deposits in the user’s browser and can later be requested to recognize the user over a series of visits. That is, it is a small text file that is stored on the computer’s hard drive and serves to identify the User when he/she connects to the website again. Their purpose is to record the User’s visit and save certain information, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the User’s browsing habits or those of his or her computer and, depending on the information they contain and the way he or she uses his or her computer, they can be used to recognize the User.
Possible types of cookies:
– According to their origin:
– Own: these are cookies generated by the web page being visited.
– Third-party cookies: are cookies that are received when browsing that website, but have been generated by a third party service that is hosted on it.
– According to their time of permanence:
– Session Cookies: they are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the User accesses a web page, which are not recorded on the User’s disk.
– Persistent Cookies: these are a type of cookies in which the data is stored in the terminal and can be accessed and treated during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie.
– According to their purpose:
– Technical purposes: they are essential for the operation of the website and, therefore, are also called «strictly necessary». They make it possible to control traffic from the server to multiple users at the same time, identification and access as a system user, etc.
– Customization: they make it possible for each User to configure aspects such as the language in which he/she wishes to see the web page or the regional configuration.
– Analysis or performance: they allow to measure the number of visits and navigation criteria of different areas of the website anonymously.
– Advertising: they allow the implementation of efficiency parameters in the advertising offered on the web pages.
– Behavioral advertising: allow the implementation of efficiency parameters in the advertising offered on the web pages, based on information about the behavior of users.
WHAT COOKIES DOES THIS SITE USE?
– Technical Cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through the website identifying the session, to access restricted areas, to make requests, registrations, etc..
– Customization Cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the web with some predefined general characteristics, for example the language or type of browser.
HOW TO UNINSTALL COOKIES?
The User has the ability to configure your browser to be notified of the receipt of cookies and to prevent their installation on your computer. The main browsers have options for blocking and deleting cookies, but the procedure may differ from one Internet browser to another. To uninstall cookies, we recommend that you refer to the instructions provided by the manufacturer of your Internet browser. Below are links to the main browsers and devices:
– Explorer: microsoft.com
– Firefox: mozilla.org
– Chrome: google.com – Safari: apple.com
– Opera: opera.com
In the case of mobile devices, it is also common for the browser to have these options in the Settings section.
However, it should be noted that the browser settings to reject cookies will not allow the User’s preferences to be maintained and some pages may not be available.
We understand the importance of protecting the privacy of children, especially in an online environment. The Site is not designed or intended for use by children. Under no circumstances will we permit the use of our services by minors without the consent or prior authorization of a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from minors. If a parent or legal guardian becomes aware that their child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, they should contact us at [add relevant email address] .
How to Contact Us
If you have any general questions about the Site or the information we collect from you, as well as our use of it, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.